Saturday, July 15, 2017

Amazon Japan Prime Day 2017 Haul

Amazon's Prime Day sucks. It's all hype and no real deals. Yeah, it's better now than it used to be, that's for sure. I still remember one of the first prime day events and a lightning deal for a five gallon bucket of personal lube, or something like that.

I'm not sure how Amazon did this year in other countries, but from what I'm hearing on the innertubes, it was less than inspiring in the US, too.

If you live in Japan and use Amazon JP, you do it primarily for convenience. Why? Because pricewise their "deals" are frequently still more expensive than what you'd pay at your local store. Their list prices can be quite imaginary, so it's always a good idea to check them elsewhere.

So, did I buy anything?

Yes. Plenty of cat food. Mainly because I'm lazy and don't like to carry heavy things to and from the car in this ridiculously hot weather. The disappointing part was that even with the prime day "deal", it still turned out to be more expensive than what my local discount store sells it for. But yeah, I'm lazy, so I bought it anyway.

Beauty deals were pretty much non-existent. And was did exist was very disappointing.

So, did I buy anything?

Yeah, I did. Because I'm impulsive like that. And because one of the deals was for a brand that I've been eyeing for quite some time.

This is the total haul:



The two bottles on the left I got for the man, so he wouldn't complain that I'm only spending money on myself.

This is what I got him:


A bottle of face wash and a bottle of all-in-one gel from a brand I've never heard before - Fine Skin Lab. He hasn't tried it yet, so I can't tell you anything about them. The products look simple with basic formulations. We'll see.

I have no idea why I got Rosette Ceramide gel and lotion.



I remember using them a while back and they were OK. But just OK. However, with the lightning deals, they turned out to be surprisingly cheap, so I guess I'll give them another go when the weather gets cooler.

Rafra Balm Orange Extra Cleansing was with me before and I quite liked it. I never got around to blogging about it, so maybe this time I'll do better.


I'm really looking forward to using it again. It just smells so lovely. So relaxing. So peaceful. Can skincare be peaceful? Yeah, it can, I guess.

And finally, this is the reason why I even bothered with Prime Day in the first place.
Tunemakers. Or Tune&Makers, if you will.


The hype is strong with this one. I got curious.
It promises simple, effective, customizable skincare. And it better be amazing, because these bottles are tiny. 20ml and 10ml tiny. And not that cheap at all.
But let's see. Stay tuned (see what I did here?) and I should be able to tell you more about Tunemakers soon.

So, this is what I bought during the very disappointing Amazon Japan Prime Day this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous and/ or unsigned comments will be deleted. No exceptions. All comments are moderated and will appear after approval.

Anonimowe komentarze bez podpisow beda ignorowane. Bez wyjatkow. Komentarze sa moderowane.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...