Sunday, May 21, 2017

Cinderella White Esthetic Serum-in UV Protector SPF50+ PA++++

Cinderella...
She was never my favorite Disney princess. In fact, if anything, I found her to be annoying as all hell. Maybe because I always felt closer to the evil stepsisters. I mean, I could understand them. I wasn't pretty, I wasn't particularly smart either and I knew full well there would never be a rich and handsome prince charming waiting for me at the end of the rainbow.

So, when a couple of years ago I saw a brand called "Cinderella Time" at the drugstore,  I thought to myself, "No bitch, you ain't winning this time. Oh no!"

And then Miss Y gifted me a Cinderella Time sleeping pack. And because it was free (I would have never bought it myself), I used it. And I saw that it was good. And on the morning of the sixth day, I was a reluctant Cinderella Time fangirl.

Fast forward to a year later. Summer was over and Ainz & Tulpe was clearing out their sunscreen stock for real cheap. After intently digging in the discount bin, I triumphantly uncovered a 1000 yen bottle of sunscreen that I had never seen before.

And that's how I met Cinderella White Esthetic Serum-in UV Protector SPF50+ PA++++.



"Cinderella White?" I thought to myself? Only in Japan... After all, this is the country that gave us HABA's "White Lady" vitamin C serum. I shouldn't be surprised.

This is how I found out that True Nature, the makers of Cinderella Time, also have a whitening / brightening line with tranexamic acid, called Cinderella White.
And then I realized that this sunscreen, despite belonging to the Cinderella White lineup, does not actually contain any tranexamic acid. I guess, since it's sunscreen, and sunscreen is supposed to keep us... no, hell no, I'm not going there... is supposed to keep us from tanning, True Nature decided to stick it into the "White" lineup instead of the "Time" one (which is all about getting enough sleep, or somesuch).

Ok, fine by me.



So, what do I think of this Cinderella White Esthetic Serum-in UV Protector SPF50+ PA++++?

It's a decent sunscreen.
What you are seeing in this post is my second bottle. And that already should tell you a lot. I very rarely repurchase the same sunscreen over and over. Why? There's just so much to choose from in Japan, why would I want to stick to the same SPF product? I mean, it's just a sunscreen, not a husband (and even then... stuff happens).

So yeah, all you need to know is that I actually repurchased it and paid the full list price for it.



Ok, let's get this ball started. Put on your glass slippers and keep on reading...


Cinderella White Esthetic Serum-in UV Protector SPF50+ PA++++ is a typical Japanese sunscreen. It's alcohol-free and a notch above your standard rock-bottom drugstore fare.



I have dry and sensitive skin and Cinderella White Esthetic Serum-in UV Protector SPF50+ PA++++ nicely moisturized and did not irritate my skin. I used it during winter when the conditions are dry, dry, dry, so dry my skin wants to crack and bleed.



With Cinderella White Esthetic Serum-in UV Protector SPF50+ PA++++ there was zero cracking and zero bleeding. And, most importantly, zero breakouts. In addition, this sunscreen milk did not aggravate my rosacea. I was afraid of that, because that happens frequently with chemical UV filters.



As you can see, this sunscreen is a milk and has a slightly pinkish-beigeish tint to it. It's supposed to color correct and even out your skin tone. On my NC? NW? 10 skin it does not leave a white cast, but I have no idea how it's going to look on a darker skin tone.

Unfortunately, Cinderella White Esthetic Serum-in UV Protector SPF50+ PA++++ is not waterproof, nor sweat- or sebum proof. Sad. They should really do something about it, because the way it is now, I really don't think this is a suitable summer sunscreen when we sweat buckets. Yes, even indoors.

Cinderella White Esthetic Serum-in UV Protector SPF50+ PA++++ ingredients:



Ratzilla has the ingredients in English here - link. Seriously, this woman should be nominated for sainthood. I was procrastinating with this review for a few months, and suddenly - boom! She does all the heavy lifting and posts about it on her blog.

I just took the easy way out and plugged them for you into CosDNA - link.

As you can see, Cinderella White Esthetic Serum-in UV Protector SPF50+ PA++++ uses these UV filters and blockers:

  • Octinoxate
  • Uvinul A Plus
  • Titanium Dioxide
  • Zinc Oxide
  • Tinosorb S

which means it offers full UVA1 and UVA2 and UVB protection.



What else?

Oh yes, that serum-in thing.
Cinderella White Esthetic Serum-in UV Protector SPF50+ PA++++ is loaded with plant extracts, which are supposed to be good for your skin. It also has the standard duo of soluble collagen and hyaluronic acid to keep you nicely moist.

This is supposed to be a product for all skin types. Well, I must disagree. I'd say it's fine for dry and normal skins. Maybe for combinations. But oily folk will be unhappy.

Again, it was a perfect moisturizing sunscreen during winter.
I have no idea how it's going to perform now, during the sweaty season.

What I liked about it was how it dried to a satiny matte finish and moisturized without feeling greasy. But then again, it was on my dry skin. Your mileage may vary.



Cinderella White Esthetic Serum-in UV Protector SPF50+ PA++++ is also supposed to work as a makeup base and yes, I can confirm, it performed very well under my minimal daily makeup. But then again, I don't wear a lot of makeup, so your experience might be different. However, in my case there was no rolling or pilling.

As always with Japanese sunscreens, the bottle is on the tiny side. All you get is 45 ml of product. It will cost you 1800 yen plus tax. Not the cheapest, but neither prohibitively expensive.



And oh yeah, the best part...
Cinderella White Esthetic Serum-in UV Protector SPF50+ PA++++ has minimal fragrance. And I mean, really minimal. There's something there, but it's hard to tell what it is exactly. It's that faint.

What else do you need to know?
It's a solid product and the only thing that I'm not happy about is that it isn't waterproof.



And holymotherofBatman... Did I just write a nearly positive review? With pretty much nothing to complain about? I must be getting soft in my old age...

1 comment:

  1. My Dearest Blogger! After you most successfully hooked me for good on Ravissa, I most sincerely would like to ask you also to provide some information how we (pure people of non–Asian countries) can get all those amassing products. Are there some Japanese e-shops selling worldwide that you can suggest to your readers? I found only ichibankao, but I have no idea whether it is trustworthy. Beside I do not find there this Cinderella thing. Amazon is not an option. It charges 3 to 4 times more in comparison to original prices. And I personally do not buy anything from non–authorized sellers (ebay like). In contrast, Korean products nowadays are not problem at all. I found everything that I wanted to try. Ok, there is japanstore and berdever. But japanstore ... you know, while berdever has very limited offer.

    In short: please, please, please do a blog-post on Japanese e–sellers.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous and/ or unsigned comments will be deleted. No exceptions. All comments are moderated and will appear after approval.

Anonimowe komentarze bez podpisow beda ignorowane. Bez wyjatkow. Komentarze sa moderowane.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...